- Through a generous grant from the Ann and Abe Effron Fund – Donor Advised of the Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley, Innisfree is able to offer free admission to school groups. Interested teachers must schedule their visits in advance by contacting or fax 845 677 9343.
Print brochures are available for download in PDF format [Acrobat Reader required]
Paul Horton has just finished a short video of Innisfree Garden. You can watch the video here.
Selected Books with Pictures and Descriptions of Innisfree and/or Lester Collins
- Rescuing Eden: Preserving America’s Historic Gardens. Caroline Seebohm, photographs by Curtice Taylor. Monacelli Press, 2015.
- The Gardener’s Garden. Madison Cox and Toby Musgrave, editors. Phaedon Press, 2014.
- The Cultural Landcape Foundation Landslide List — Innisfree
- What Are Gardens For? Experiencing, Making and Thinking About Gardens. Rory Stuart. Frances Lincoln, 2012.
- Great Gardens of America. Tim Richardson. Frances Lincoln, 2009.
- Shaping the American Landscape: New Profiles from the Pioneers in American Landscape Design Project. Charles A. Birnbaum and Stephanie S. Foell, editors. University of Virginia Press, 2009.
- The Cultural Landcape Foundation Pioneers of American Landscape Design — Lester Collins
- Garden Stone. Barbara Pleasant. Storey Publications, 2002.
- Gardens of the Future. Guy Cooper and Gordon Taylor. Monacelli Press, 2000.
- National Geographic Guide to American Gardens. Mary Jenkins. The National Geographic Society, 1998.
- Gardening with Stone. Jan Kowalczewski Whitner. Macmillan Press, 1994.
- Innisfree: An American Garden. Lester Collins. Harry N. Abrams, 1994.
Selected Articles About Innisfree
- “The Hills Are Alive.” Jane Owens. House and Home — Financial Times, May 02, 2015.
- “Innisfree.” James Golden. Ramblings of a “New American” Gardener, September 7, 2014.
- “Get Some Air.” Katie Kiefner. Weddings — New York Magazine Special Issue, Summer 2013.
- “The Idylls of Innisfree.” Tovah Martin. Horticulture, April 18, 2007.
- “In the Garden of Yin, Yang and Yeats.” Ellen Maguire. New York Times, July 1, 2005.
- Secret Gardens. George W. Stone. National Geographic Traveller, March 2005.
- Scenic Serenity. Ethne Clarke. Traditional Home, October 2002.
- Just So Story. Tim Richardson. Country Life (Great Britain), October 11, 2001.
- The Garden. Cheryl Merser. Preservation (National Trust for Historic Preservation), December 1997.
- Rhyming Couplets. Akiko Busch. The Garden (Journal of the Royal Horticultural Society), November 1999.
- “Lake Water Lapping.” Cheryl Merser. Preservation (National Trust for Historic Preservation), December 1997.
- “Outward Bound.” Carol Helms. Garden Design, June/July 1996.
- “Making the Stones Dance.” William Bryant Logan. Garden Design, December 1994.
- “Garden Notebook: In Mystical Innisfree.” Anne Raver. The New York Times, September 1, 1994.
- Innisfree Garden
- 362 Tyrrel Road
- Millbrook, New York 12545
- 845 677 8000