Innisfree is located just 4 miles off the Taconic State Parkway in Millbrook, New York. Bicycles in the garden are forbidden, but cyclists are welcome to leave their bikes in the parking lot during their visit.
From the Taconic State Parkway and points west on Route 44
- From the north or south on the Taconic, take the US44/Poughkeepsie/Millbrook Exit. Do not take the Tyrrel Road Exit as a portion of the route is impassible.
- Turn east on to Route 44 toward Millbrook.
- Continue 1.7 miles east from the Taconic Parkway to Tyrrel Road (on the right). Watch for the blue Innisfree Garden sign.`
- Turn right on Tyrrel Road and proceed 1 mile. The garden entrance is on the left.
From points east on Routes 44, 44A, and 82
- Turn left on Tyrrel Road approximately 1,200 feet past the intersection of Routes 82, 44, 44A/Sharon Turnpike, and just past the Dutchess County Farm and Home Center on the right. Watch for the blue Innisfree Garden sign.
- Turn left on Tyrrel Road and proceed 1 mile. The garden entrance is on the left.
- Innisfree Garden is about 15 miles from the Poughkeepsie Train Station, which is served by both Amtrak and MetroNorth trains. Poughkeepsie is over 90 minutes from New York City (Penn Station — Amtrak and Grand Central — MetroNorth), and 60 minutes from the Albany/Rensselaer Station (Amtrak). Taxi cabs are available at the Poughkeepsie station, but you must schedule your return trip as cell phone service in the garden is unreliable, and there is no public telephone.